The Eagle Pass Independent School District Police Department continuously train to assure the safety of thousands of school children, teachers and staff.
The safe guarding of everyone within the school district is the police officers utmost priority.
EPISD Superintendent Gilbert Gonzalez has issued out an informational address to the Districts students, parents and faculty regarding their well being and what the District has in place to assure everyone’s safety.
An Open Letter to Eagle Pass ISD Staff, Students, and Parents from Superintendent of Schools Gilberto Gonzalez:
In light of the recent tragedies that have occurred in schools throughout our country, EPISD would like to assure you that student and staff safety will always be the utmost priority of the district. We understand the fear that has begun to reside in our community and the desire to become aware of our security measures. Please rest assured that EPISD is and will always do what it takes to ensure student safety.
EPISD Safety Measures are as follows:
• Police Officers assigned to secondary, elementary, and early childhood campuses.
• Every campus is featured with security systems. Elementary and Early Childhood campuses require granted entry access and high schools have checkpoints with Police Officers for screening.
• Every campus has district approved crisis plans.
• EPISD Police Department actively trains with local and federal agencies in crisis response.
• Local and federal agencies assist EPISD PD to monitor situations and assist in possible threats.
• EPISD investigates ALL threats and checks homes of individuals that display inappropriate behavior, social media posts, or both.
• EPISD encourages parents, students, and staff to report suspicious or disturbing social media posts.
• Anti-bullying and inclusionary campaigns (#IMPACT WEEK) are practiced in all of EPISD schools to encourage respect.
Eagle Pass Independent School District will always place student and staff safety above all else. Students and staff feeling that they are in a safe and secure environment is essential to growth in the classroom. EPISD will continue to strive to make all parents, students, and staff feel protected and included throughout the district.